WANT TO JOIN OUR STAFF?
Thank you for your interest in Hunkapi Programs! We are always looking for dedicated professionals to join our team. Below are the listings for jobs we are looking to fill.
If you would like to be considered for a position not listed below, please send your resume and cover sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep you in mind if a position were to become available!
Develops and nurtures a culture of philanthropy within the Hunkapi organization. Assures that the organization’s culture, systems and procedures support fund development and visa versa. Leads staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy and fund development within the organization.
Plans, coordinates and assures implementation of strategies to cultivate prospective donors and contributions to support the organization. Assures development and maintenance of appropriate systems to fund development including but not limited to data management, prospect research, cultivation, gift processing and recognition. Maintains accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources.
The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Hunkapi’’s fundraising, present and future, including, major gifts, annual fund, planned giving, special events and sponsorships, capital campaign and grant writing. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
Comprehensive management skills and experience are required including but not limited to short and long term planning, evaluation, directing and motivating staff, oral and written communication skills, marketing and financial management, organizational behavior and development.
The position requires demonstrated experience in managing and implementing a comprehensive fund development program and producing charitable contributions.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas is required: the nature of philanthropy, ethics, motivations for giving and volunteering, research and cultivation practices, standard fundraising techniques including face to face solicitation, proposal writing, special events, telephone solicitation, and direct mail, and, development office functions including gift processing, prospect and donor histories, and fundraising reporting. The individual is also expected to have demonstrated experience and confidence in asking people to contribute time and money.
· Must embrace the mission of Hunkapi.
· Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
· Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift and annual fund initiatives.
· Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
· Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
· Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
· Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
· Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
· A Bachelor’s degree.
· 3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
1. Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
2. Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
3. Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
4. Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
5. Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
6. Plan and direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
7. Coordinate fund raising special events.
8. Direct employee fundraising drives.
9. Oversee prospect research.
10. Work closely with the Executive Director, Development Committee and Board of Directors.
11. Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Hunkapi with the community.
12. Staff Development Committee meetings.
13. Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
14. Maintain gift recognition programs.
15. Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
16. Perform other related duties as required and directed.
$40,000-45,000, plus benefits, DOE and performance bonus.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover sheet to email@example.com.